#IRC: Defu
Battletag: Defu#2482
WoT: defree
WoW alias: Defila
Steam: Defu
GW2 Tag: Defu.3075

Re: iPhone 3G

Post by Defu » 30 Jun 2008 01:29

Aika pitkälti nyt päättänyt et jää iPhonet hommaamatta ja ehkä jo seuraavasta tilistä vois ostaa tälläisen:

HTC Touch Diamond (juutube)

3G:tä ei tuossa ole. En sitä luultavasti tarvitsisikaan, koska käytän kuitenkin aina tiedonsiirrossa Wlania/bluetoottia. GSM-verkko sitten puheluihin. GPS:kin löytyy. Näitä luureja saa suht halvalla vaikka ebaystä.

Edit: PRKL, ehkä sittenkin pitää odottaa et Touch Pro tulee ulos. Ois vaan kauhia hinku saada uus känny :>
[IRC] Defu (Qnet/Ircnet/Netgamers) [LoL] Defree (Eune) [WoW] Defila (frozen/Stormreaver)
[Other games] Dota2, WoT, Minecraft
[Past games] BF3, Xsyon, SWToR, PotBS, Travian, AoC
"Bend over and prepare to be boarded!"

Rontti
Sky Marshall

Post by Rontti » 01 Jul 2008 17:28

..got mine reserved.

Rumor is, it's not SIM, but operator locked. Gonna get 2 SIMs, both from Sonera. The one I'm getting "with" the iPhone has no extras whatsoever, so it's going to cost me 2€/month and Im not going to use it at all. The second one will be with neccessary amount of SMSs and data trasfer and the like. This way I can switch the SIM Im using as soon as there are some cracking tools available and keep my number.
"Rontti rakkauden työssä.." -Mr. Joni

Boogey Trollius
Sky Marshall

Post by Boogey Trollius » 10 Jul 2008 01:40

iPhone 3G - never write a SMS message again.

Because you just can't.
Inactive. Contact with Instant Messanger.

Rontti
Sky Marshall

Post by Rontti » 11 Jul 2008 16:47

Well, who's got it then? I have one.

Boogey Trollius
Sky Marshall

Post by Boogey Trollius » 11 Jul 2008 18:27

Rontti wrote:Well, who's got it then? I have one.
Still happy? What do you use for a phone?
Inactive. Contact with Instant Messanger.

plasmis
Postman (posts always twice)
#IRC: plasmis @ ircnet
Eve-Online alias: Eihok & Sinebrychoff
WoT: Plasmis
WoW alias: Paukku (?)
Origin: PlasmaPekka
xboxlive: PlasmaPekka
Steam: plasmis

Post by plasmis » 12 Jul 2008 02:24

Rontti dear, I have to get my good old Nokia 2110i (1800 mAh battery) to you so we can send sms to each other! Beware though, that phone can transmit at a measured 2W at the antenna. Drop it when it's hot. Oh Schnapp!

Rontti
Sky Marshall

Post by Rontti » 12 Jul 2008 10:34

It's actually is pretty good. It has those few odd features missing, but the ones that are in, work like very nicely.

cilppiz
Lieutenant General
Eve-Online alias: Cilppiz

Post by cilppiz » 12 Jul 2008 19:22

Rontti wrote:It's actually is pretty good. It has those few odd features missing, but the ones that are in, work like very nicely.
Makes me wonder, what features do ppl want from cellphone beyond being able to make/receive calls and GSM messages?

Stormhold
Colonel
Eve-Online alias: Stormhold

Post by Stormhold » 12 Jul 2008 19:30

cilppiz wrote:
Rontti wrote:It's actually is pretty good. It has those few odd features missing, but the ones that are in, work like very nicely.
Makes me wonder, what features do ppl want from cellphone beyond being able to make/receive calls and GSM messages?
Being able to use the phone as a modem with 3G (or HSDPA actually, since 3G is rather limited. Even though I only use 3G speeds.) is nice, and while I'm paying for a flat data transfer rate, I might as well be able to browse internet with my phone. As much as it's painful without a mouse or touchpad and with a 320x240 screen, it's useful and entertaining once in a while.

Then again, I have the cheapest possible phone that was available for that, Nokia 6120 Classic.

Rontti
Sky Marshall

Post by Rontti » 13 Jul 2008 00:34

cilppiz wrote:
Well, trollin on the forums in a bar comes to mind ;)

Having a WORKING web browser, GPS/map, email (atm 1 activesync with push, 2 IMAP), music/video player, "general" info services like weather available in a snap, built-in music and application shop.. but most of all, all of it works well enough for me to actually want to use all of these features.

Honestly, try on of these.

cilppiz
Lieutenant General
Eve-Online alias: Cilppiz

Post by cilppiz » 13 Jul 2008 01:56

Well, lets put it this way... My cell does have web browsing but so far (3 years or so) I havent needed/used it and thus cant recall that I have actually tested it beyond "hey, it loaded google" :lol:

...So thats the reason I asked 8)

Rontti
Sky Marshall

Post by Rontti » 13 Jul 2008 11:22

cilppiz wrote:Well, lets put it this way... My cell does have web browsing but so far (3 years or so) I havent needed/used it and thus cant recall that I have actually tested it beyond "hey, it loaded google" :lol:

...So thats the reason I asked 8)
Ye, I definitely know what you're talking about. I've had a "browser" in different Nokias since the middle ages, but it just sucks so hard I've only used them if there was absolutely no other choice. Checking for weather while out hiking and so on.. The Safari on iPhone is by far the best browser with the best UI ever seen on phone-sized device. Of course it doesn't come even close to having a screen, mouse and a keyboard, but at least it doesn't piss me off if I have to use it. It's actually somewhat fun, it's.. different from anything else ;)

I've found a new use for the phone, btw.. application called Remote can remote control the iTunes player on my PC via WLAN. The app is free and made by Apple, so its quality too.

Stormhold
Colonel
Eve-Online alias: Stormhold

Post by Stormhold » 13 Jul 2008 16:57

Pfft. I've had absolutely no problem with Opera mobile version (not the java version, that one is total shit) or even the new (as in under a year old) default Nokia S60v3 browser. The ages old wap browser in my old Nokia 3510i sure was crap, but hey, the resolution in that thing was like 65x96 anyway. They both work about as well as I'd imagine a browser with those technical limitations can work. A touch screen could surely improve it somewhat, but still, I can't say I'd absolutely need a better browser. It's not like I'd browse internet unless I can't access a proper computer or atleast a laptop, but who would with any mobile? Heck, it's decent enough to even read these forums if I'm bored enough and not near a device with a bigger screen.

And actually what comes to a remote, I can use mine over bluetooth to control winamp ;) Granted, bluetooth is rarer in computers, but I reckon the more expensive symbian phones can do the same via wlan. Mine is (or was?) after all the cheapest Nokia s60v3 phone.

Don't take me wrong. I would take an iphone if it was cheap and not as restricted as it is, but I don't believe it's THAT spectacular.

Rontti
Sky Marshall

Post by Rontti » 13 Jul 2008 20:04

It sure as hell isn't "spectacular", but it's the best there is and it's good enough for checking the forums to pass time.

Defu
Major
#IRC: Defu
Battletag: Defu#2482
WoT: defree
WoW alias: Defila
Steam: Defu
GW2 Tag: Defu.3075

Post by Defu » 14 Jul 2008 03:49

Rontti wrote:It sure as hell isn't "spectacular", but it's the best there is and it's good enough for checking the forums to pass time.
Heh. I would say the same thing about my HTC Touch Diamond, which I got last week.

It might lose to iPhone in useability, but it's even or better in other areas.

3G & HSDPA, 3G modem, MMS-messages, video recording, third-party software (you can make your own programs), cooked roms, watch any youtube-video you want etc.. + the probably all the features iPhone has. And best of all, NO SONERA.
[IRC] Defu (Qnet/Ircnet/Netgamers) [LoL] Defree (Eune) [WoW] Defila (frozen/Stormreaver)
[Other games] Dota2, WoT, Minecraft
[Past games] BF3, Xsyon, SWToR, PotBS, Travian, AoC
"Bend over and prepare to be boarded!"

Joni
Major
#IRC: Joni_79
Battletag: Joni79#2626
Eve-Online alias: Mr Joni
WoW alias: Ioni

Post by Joni » 15 Jul 2008 11:20

I suki suki juu! Mii so hoorni mii loov juu loong time!
--
Joni

Rontti
Sky Marshall

Post by Rontti » 15 Jul 2008 12:58

Joni wrote:
I suki suki juu! Mii so hoorni mii loov juu loong time!
You'll get your chance at the meeting ;)

cflux
Sky Marshall
Eve-Online alias: cflux

Post by cflux » 04 Aug 2008 14:14

I have found iphone to be pretty damn good. Its an excelent email / web platform what I need the most on the road and its GSM functionality (aka phone) is done very well. What it replaced for me is an Ipod, so now I do not have to carry ipod and phone with me, since it has the new nano software in it, which is fucking brilliant.

If you are looking for a good email / web platform, ipod and a phone in same package, its definetly worth the price.

ps. It beats the crap out of n95 I had before.

Rontti
Sky Marshall

Post by Rontti » 04 Aug 2008 18:16

If you're into carrying a music player around with you, you can also use the iPhone as a portable internet radio player. As long as you keep the bitrate down (about 128kbps max), dont mind running the battery out in a couple of hours and of course, stay in the 3G area. The players I've tried (Tuner and AllRadio) also have their limitations, like not being able to play AAC streams or not being able to run in the background.

Great for jogging for example.

Renki
General of the Army
Eve-Online alias: Turmio
WoT: Renki
WoW alias: Renci

Post by Renki » 05 Aug 2008 16:58

Rontti wrote:If you're into carrying a music player around with you, you can also use the iPhone as a portable internet radio player. As long as you keep the bitrate down (about 128kbps max), dont mind running the battery out in a couple of hours and of course, stay in the 3G area. The players I've tried (Tuner and AllRadio) also have their limitations, like not being able to play AAC streams or not being able to run in the background.

Great for jogging for example.
How much sonera pays you to advertise here? :P

Going to get one to my self too but not before i get first salary after vacation.
Nyt sitä kunnon Can't do meininkiä!